MAHY 11 (MEBH 11) BRINJAL
- Non spiny purple variegated
- This early hybrid variety that has the potential to be harvested in a short span of time.
- Fruit Shape : Oval
- Fruit Colour : Purple with White Strips
- Fruit Weight : 50 - 60 gm
- Calyx : Non Spiny Green
- Non Spiny purple variegated fruits comes in bunches
- High yield potential in short span of time
Suitable for the preparation of Bhartha or paste, this potentially high yielding variety sports attractive dark black and round fruits with less seed content.
Eggplant is a warm-weather plant. The optimum temperature for germination is 24-29°C (seedlings should emerge in 6-8 days) and 22-30°C for growth and fruit development. Full sun is a must. Eggplant is adaptable to different kinds of soil conditions. Deep, fertile and well-drained sandy loam or silt loam soils are desirable. Eggplant cannot tolerate frost and the growth of young plants is retarded when the temperature is below 16°C. Eggplant can tolerate drought and excessive rainfall, but growth slows when temperatures exceed 35°C.