Slightly open plant type
- Maturity starts from 70 to 75 days after transplanting
- Dome shaped and compact curds
- Moderate to good self covering ability.
Tips for Growing Cauliflower
Soil : Well drained medium loam and /or sandy loam soils are suitable.
Sowing time : As per the regional practices and timings.
Optimum temp. for germination : 25 - 300C
Transplanting : 25-30 days after sowing.
Spacing : Row to Row : 60 cm, Plant to Plant : 45 cm
Seed rate : 100 - 120 gm / acre.
Preparation of Main field : Deep ploughing and harrowing. ● Add well decomposed FYM 7-8 tones per acre followed by harrowing to mix in the soil thoroughly. ● Open the ridges and furrowsat required spacing. ● Apply basal dose of chemical fertilizer before transplanting. ● Irrigate the field one day before transplanting, make a hole at a required spacing to plant seedling . ● Transplanting should be done late afternoon, after transplanting light irrigation should be given for better and quick establishment.
Chemical Fertilizer : Fertilizer requirement varies with soil fertility
• First dose 6 - 8 days after transplanting : 50:50:60 NPK kg / acre
• Second dose 20 - 25 days after first application : 25:50:60 NPK kg / acre
• Third application 20 - 25 days after second application : 25:00:00 NPK kg / acre
• Boron & Molybdenum should be sprayed at curd initiation stage
Click Here For More Cauliflower Seeds