SAFEX HAMMER BIFENTHRIN 10% EC FOR STEM BORER & LEAF FOLDER (INSECTICIDE)
- Insect pests are the major destructive agents in fruits and vegetables, with a negative impact on their quality. Insect pests that feed internally in fruit are more difficult to detect and disinfect and are thus of greater concern in quarantine efforts.
- Cosmetic quality is of due importance in fruits and vegetables. In addition to direct damage to plant systems, fruits, and seeds, they leave important contaminants such as body parts or exoskeleton, eggs, and off-odor on produce.
- Hammer is a pyrethroid insecticide, which is effective through contact and ingestion. It disrupts the sodium channel of axons, hence causing malfunction in the insect's nervous system and making the insect paralyzed.
Mode of Action
Hammer interacts with insects either by ingestion or through contact. It belongs to pyrethroid insecticide, which are axonic excitotoxins, the toxic effects of which are mediated through preventing the closure of the voltage-gated sodium channels in the axonal membranes. Thereby disrupting the nervous system and paralyzing the insect.
- Cotton : Pest - Bollworm, Whitefly , Dosage: 320ml/acre
- Paddy : Pest - Stem borer, Leaf Folder, Green Leaf Hopper, Dosage: 200ml/acre
- Sugarcane : Pest -Termites, Dosage: 400ml/acre
Method of Application
- Fill the spray tank ¼ with water, then add the required quantity of product.
- Apply within a few hours after mixing.
- Wet the whole plant thoroughly but avoid run-off and spray drift to non-target sites.
- Please read the instructions given on the label and booklet for best application procedures.
- Do not use cooking utensils for preparing the spray solution.
- Do not spray if the rains are expected.
- Do not enter the application area within 24 hrs of application.
- Do not use empty packaging for any other purposes.
- Treat only when there is little or no wind.