RALLIS MANTIS 75 WP FUNGICIDE
- Mantis 75 WP is recommended for the control of blast disease of rice.
- It provides control against blast incidence that occurs at various growth stages of rice crop viz., leaf blast, stem blast, and panicle blast.
- Mantis 75 WP contains the active ingredient, Tricyclazole, belonging to melanin biosynthesis inhibitors.
- Mantis 75 WP provides best control of blast at all growth stages.
- It has a prophylactic action.
- Highly systemic with xylem mobility-good leaf and root uptake
- No resistance issues reported till date
How does it work?
- Tricyclazole inhibits polyhydroxynapthaline reductase enzyme and thus inhibiting melanin formation in fungi (Pyricularia grisea).
- In the absence of melanin, appressoria fail to produce penetrating hypha or penetration hypha fails to penetrate into host tissue. Hence disease is not allowed to spread.
- It does not allow the fungus to establish by preventing its entry into the plant system.
- It is highly systemic in action thus it is rapidly gets absorbed by rice leaves and roots and is translocated toward the leaf tip which suggests its xylem transport.
- There is also a movement from a treated leaf to non-treated younger leaves.