PREMIUM RHIZO (RHIZOBIUM)
- Premium Rhizo is a product of nitrogen-fixing bacteria (Rhizobium ) which infect the legume root and form root nodules within which they reduce molecular nitrogen into ammonia which is readily converted into nitrogen-containing compounds.
- It has been estimated that 40-250 Kg N/ha/year is fixed by different legume crops by the microbial activities of Rhizobium.
Mode Of Action:
This belongs to bacterial group and the classical example is symbiotic nitrogen fixation. Rhizobium spp., detect compounds like flavinoids secreted by the roots of leguminous plants and then produce nod factors leading to formation of root nodules. The bacteria infect the legume root and form root nodules within which they reduce molecular nitrogen in to ammonia. The site of symbiosis is within the root nodules. It has been estimated that 40 – 50Kg N/ha/year is fixed by different legume crops by the microbial activities of Rhizobium spp.
- Fixes 40 - 50 kg nitrogen/ha/year in soil
- Improves soil fertility for next crop
- Helps in the liberation of micro nutrients from insoluble sources.
LEGUMINOUS CROPS LIKE PEA, PIGEON PEA, BLACK GRAM, GREEN GRAM, CHICKPEA, COWPEA, SOYBEAN, PEANUT, ARHAR, LENTIL, BERSEEM etc