PIONEER AGRO MEDICAGO SATIVA(ALFALFA) KUTHIRAIMASAL SEED
- Lucerne (Medicago sativa) is also known as 'alfalfa', which means 'best fodder' - and this says it all. Lucerne is the king of fodder, yielding a large volume of high quality hay that's rich in protein.
- Lucerne belongs to the legume family, which means that, working with soil bacteria called rhizobia, it is able to fix nitrogen to make it available for plant growth.
- *Easily Grown *Herbal *Quality Seeds *kitchen Garden *Best for planting throughout the year *All pictures shown are for illustration purpose only.*If you are not good at gardening, you can use some seeds to make the first try. Please do not use all seeds 1st time.
- Alfalfa, also called Lucerne and called Medicago sativa in binomial nomenclature, is a perennial flowering plant in the legume family Fabaceae. It is cultivated as an important forage crop in many countries around the world. It is used for grazing, hay, and silage, as well as a green manure and cover crop.
- Alfalfa, also known as Lucerne or Medicago sativa, is a plant that has been grown as feed for livestock for hundreds of years. It was long prized for its superior content of vitamins, minerals and protein, compared to other feed sources.
How to grow:
- Mix Manure with soil (30:70),and this will help in germination of seeds. Care needs to be taken to see that the soil is clean from any weed or insect. Open the seed packet on a sheet of paper and put the seeds into the prepared soil to half inch of depth.
- While watering, sprinkling water through a sprinkler or manually using your hands. Germination may take place 10-18 days. Then you may transplant the seedlings to various pots or desired areas.
- Take care as your child. Protect from pest and insects. Grow in healthy organic mixed soil and give timely micronutrients and fertilizers.
Review this product
Share your thoughts with other customers
No reviews added yet