Technical Name: Prefenophos 50% EC
Celcron is a broad-spectrum insecticide which controls:
- Lepidoptera and
- Sucking insects especially Thrips, Mites and Mealy bug
Mode of Action:
- Profenophos belongs to organophosphate family of insecticides and works by potent inhibition of the enzyme acetylcholinesterase, which is essential for the transmission of impulses between nerve cells. After feeding on a Profenophos treated plant or crawling over a treated leaf, the pest is first paralyzed and then quickly dies.
- It provides unique translaminar and contact action to control insects which generally hideunder lower surface of leaf.
- Being broad spectrum it controls all sucking pests and foliar feeding larvae.
- It exhibits ovicidal cum adulticidal actions.
- It exhibits contact and stomach action
- It has a fast knock down action with long lasting residual activity.
- It is a cost-effective solution for control of thrips, sucking pests and lepidopteron pests
- Best thripicide
|CROP||COMMON NAME OF THE PEST||DOSAGE/HA|
Jassids, Aphids, Thrips, Whiteflies
|1500 - 2000
|Soybean||Semi looper & Girdle beetle||1000|
2 ml/liter and 400 ml/Acre