- Features of Beam®
- Crops treated with Beam®
- How does it work?
- Beam® is a recommended for the control of blast disease of rice.
- It provides control against blast incidence that occurs at various growth stages of rice crop viz., leaf blast, stem blast and panicle blast.
- As per Integrated disease management principles, in addition to Beam®application, emphasis on field sanitation and optimum use of nitrogen fertilisers also helps in reducing the disease incidence.
Features of Beam®
- Beam® contains the active ingredient, Tricyclazole, belonging to melanin biosynthesis inhibitors.
- Beam provides best control of blast at all growth stages.
- It has prophylactic action.
- Highly systemic with xylem mobility-good leaf and root uptake
- No resistance issues reported till date
Crops treated with Beam®
How does it work?
- Tricyclazole inhibits polyhydroxynapthaline reductase enzyme and thus inhibiting melanin formation in fungi (Pyricularia grisea).
- In the absence of melanin, appressoria fails to produce penetrating hypha or penetration hypha fails to penetrate into host tissue. Hence disease is not allowed to spread.
- It does not allow the fungus to establish by preventing its entry into the plant system.
- It is highly systemic in action thus it is rapidly gets absorbed by rice leaves and roots and is translocated toward the leaf tip which suggests its xylem transport.
- There is also movement from a treated leaf to non-treated younger leaves.