T Stanes WIN trap offers a pheromone based solution to control the damages of Rhinoceros Beetle in palm trees.
T STANES WIN RHINOCEROS BEETLE TRAP
- Affordable and easy to install.
- Non-toxic, safe to environment and beneficial insects.
- Can withstand different agro-climatic conditions.
- Suitable with Integrated Pest Management.
Mode of action:
- The lure emits a specific odour that attracts the Rhinoceros Beetles towards the trap. The entrapped beetles, drown to death in the water placed in the trap.
- Store in a cool dark place / preferably under refrigerated condition.
- Active compounds of the lure are species specific and eco-friendly with no pesticides.
- Coconut Palm, Date Palm, Oil palm, Arecanut Palm.
- 2 Traps / Acre, 5 Traps / ha
Placement of Traps:
- Place the trap under the shade of palm / tree canopy at the height of 3 to 4 feet from the ground level.
- Care to be taken to ensure that the trap rest on the trunk/ stem properly and does not rotate or move freely with the wind.
- Add soap water to the bottom portion of the trap, the weevils gets attracted by lure will enter into the trap through the holes, fall into water and drown.
- Use 2 traps / acre to reduce Rhinoceros beetle population below the Economic Threshold Level (ETL).
- The traps must be checked at least once in a week for removing the dead beetles and to replace water to compensate for loss due to evaporation.
- The traps can be recharged with WIN lure at every 90 days interval.
Handling Instructions : Step 1: Cut open the Stanes WIN lure packet. Step 2: Fill the lure in the given vial holder. Step 3: Fix lure holder to the head portion of the trap. Step 4: Fix blades to the top portion of the trap using the given screws on all sides. Step 5: Fill water one third to the bottom of the trap and fix it to the trap. Step 6: Hang the trap using thread at the desired location.
Review this product
Share your thoughts with other customers
No reviews added yet