RED PALM WEEVIL LURE- PHERAMONE LURE
Pheromone Lure for Red Plam Weevil, Red Palm Weevil lure is the pheromones extracted by the males. RPW LURE attracts both males and females from the surroundings and gets them trapped in the coco trap.
Damage symptoms caused by Red Palm Weevil:
- Presence of holes on the stem, oozing out of viscous brown fluid and extrusion of chewed up fibres through the hole.
- Some times the gnawing sound produced by the feeding grubs will be audible.
- In the advanced stage of infestation yellowing of the inner whorl of leaves occur.
- The crown falls down or dry up later when palm is dead.
- Use pheromone trap for attracting weevils and kill the collected ones.
- Practice clean cultivation by cutting and removing palms already damaged and the decaying stumps in the garden.
- Such palms should be split open and the different stages of pest inside burned off.
- Avoid injury to the trunk as the pest lay eggs in these wounds. Wounds if any, should be pasted with a mixture of carbaryl / Thiodan and soil. While cutting leaves, retain at least 1m of petiole.
one lure per trap and 1 trap has to be installed per 10 trees. Lure has to be changed once in every 6 months.