TAPAS WHITE GRUB LURE
White grub is a devastating insect that feeds on crops across the country, including Maharashtra, the larvae stage of the white grub is the most dangerous.
- Classical name: - Holotrichia consanguinea, Holotrichia serrata.
- Both the above-mentioned species are found all over the country including Maharashtra.
- This insect, like other insects, completes its life cycle in four stages: egg, larva, cocoon, and beetle. The life span of this insect is completed in 10 to 12 months, that is, only one generation is complete in a year.
- Eggs: - Female Bittles lay eggs after mating. Eggs are laid early in the morning. The color of the eggs is white. The female lays 60 to 70 eggs at a time. Therefore the number of these insects increases rapidly.
- Larvae (Humani):- Milky white larvae emerge from eggs in 8 to 10 days. In English there is a "C" shape. The roots of the crop move by munching. Roots at least 1 meter of crop area in the ground. In 56 to 70 days, it (H.consanguinea) develops fully and goes into the same cell. The species H. serrata completes the larval stage in 121 to 202 days.
- Pupa:-The fully developed larva goes into the cell state in the soil. The color of the cell is brownish-brown. Both H.consanguinea and H.serrata live in cocoons for 10 to 16 days. The mite comes out of the cell after 20 to 30 s.
- Beetle: - Both H.consanguinea and H.serrata species look similar to mite. But in the last few years the number of beetles has increased so much that they are obtained in any month of the year. Trees like shewaga, vest, acacia, neem, chiku, banana, mango come to eat leaves. In the evening they go out to eat leaves and find companions. The female beetle goes to the ground to lay eggs.
- * In the life cycle of a white grub, beetles grow out of the soil for a short time, all other conditions are in the soil, so it is important to pay more attention to pest control at this stage.
- Crops affected
- Sugarcane, groundnut, chilli, guava, coconut, tobacco, potato, betel nut, oilseeds, pulses and vegetables.
- Per acre 3 trap and lure required
Review this product
Share your thoughts with other customers
No reviews added yet