TAPAS PINWORM LURE (TU-TOM LURE)
- It is well known as a serious pest of tomato crops. Tuta absoluta is a highly destructive insect pest to tomato plants and fruit and is also reported to infect other plants in the Solanaceae family(potato, eggplant, etc).
- Adults are about 10 mm long, have Fili form antennae and silverish-grey scales, black spots on anterior wings.
- Tuta absoluta is a holometabolous insect with a high rate of reproduction. It may be able to complete 10-12 generations per year depending on environmental conditions.
- Tuta absoluta completes a generation in 28 days. Adult males live longer than females. Both genders mate multiple times.
- The first mating usually occurs the day after adults emerge. Each female can lay up to 260 eggs in a lifetime. Freshly hatched larvae are light yellow or green and only 0.5 mm in length.
- As they mature, larvae develop a darker green color and a characteristic dark band posterior to the head capsule. Four larval instars develop. Larvae do not enter diapauses when food is available.
- Pupation may take place in the soil, on the leaf surface, within mines or in packaging material. A cocoon is built if pupation does not take place in the soil.
- The larvae of Tuta absoluta mine the leaves, flowers, shoots, and fruit of tomato as well as the leaves and tubers of potato. After hatching, larvae penetrate apical buds, flowers, new fruit, leaves, or stems.
- Conspicuous irregular mines and galleries as well as dark frass make infestations relatively easy to spot. The damage caused by this pest is severe, especially in young plants. In tomato, it can attack any plant part at any crop stage and can cause up to 100% crop destruction.
- It is the process of attraction, and trapping the insect those damages to crops.
- Pheromone used 99% pure.
- 100% Effective from other commercial products.
- Lure working day in field life 30- 45days, Depend on weather conditions.
- Packing signal unit in anti-smell releasing pouch.
- Dispenser- silicon rubber Septa.
- Lure can stay for one year without removing from packing.
- Economically Affordable, easy to install and manage.
- If used properly it can detect low numbers of insects.
- Can be used all season long.
- Pheromone Lures are species specific.
- Reduce the use of harmful pesticides, do organic farming and save lives.
- CROPS - Tomato, cherry Tomato, Potato.
- INSECTS AND DISEASES - Tuta abosulta (AMERICAN PINWORM OR Tomato Leaf miner).
- MODE OF ACTION - It is the process of attraction, and trapping the insect those damages to crops.
- DOSAGE - 8-10traps per acre
Features & BenefitsFEATURES
Review this product
Share your thoughts with other customers
No reviews added yet