- High Biomass Yield(50 % more than SSG products), Suitable for Multi-cutting.
- Drought tolerant once established.
- No risk of prussic acid poisoning and is suitable for early feeding.
- High Protein and Nutrient Value(12-16% crude protein).
- High palatability.
- IVMD 61.3%
- High metabolizable energy.
- Nutrifeed is tolerant to most pests and diseases and requires almost negligible investment for their control.
- Nutrifeed gives disease and pest free green forage for better health of animals.
- High digestibility renders less feed quantity per animal and less forage is for cultivation.
- High nutritional fodder helps in the better health of the animal.
Seed rate: 3 kg per care
Agronomy & Management
Fodder crops can be grown well on a wide range of soil types Soil pH should be 5.5 to 7.0, and Avoid acidic and saline soils. Drained soils yield well.
Water & Irrigation:
Nutrifeed is tolerant to drought but should irrigate before 7 days intervals in summer and 12 days intervals in the rainy season. For better palatability crop should be with high moisture. Sufficient irrigation will boost the healthy and expected bio-mass yield in forage crops.
Although Nutrifeed is comparatively easy to establish, prepare a good seedbed for good germination and root development. Where irrigation is available, the better establishment will be obtained by pre-watering and sowing into moisture, rather than watering after sowing. Sowing depth 3cm to 5 cm with soil covering for compaction Row to Row Spacing is 30 cm and Plant to Plant is 25 cm
Ridges & Furrows:
For staggered sowing, harvesting, irrigation and fertigation ridges and furrows method is very successful to get high yield and high-quality fodder.
The blocks method is another successful method in forage cultivation. Farmer can harvest the fodder as per in requirement and irrigate the same block.
Spring - Feb to April
Kharif - May to August
Rabi (Central India and South India only) - September to October
2 to 3 Kg per Acre
Nutrifeed spacing is row to row 30 cm X plant to plant 25 cm
Cutting & Harvesting:
Nutrifeed can cut and feed at any time but 1 meter to 1.2 meters is idle height to get more benefits from green fodder in terms of nutritive values. Nutrifeed should be cut 6 to 8 inches above ground level when harvesting to promote faster re-growth for multi-cut.
Post Cutting Activities:
Apply adequate nitrogen and water for the regeneration of fresh leaves and Stems.
Fertilizer should use according to the soil test results.
N-30 Kg (60 Kg Urea),
P-25 Kg (45 Kg DAP or 120 kg SSP),
K-10 Kg (20 Kg Potash) per Acre is recommended for Nutrifeed.
Adequate nitrogen will ensure the crop's fast growth and quick recovery after cutting. Apply Nitrogen as a top dressing to get optimum benefit.
Weeds in Nutrifeed can be easily controlled by spraying 1 Kg Atrazine 50% WP per 1 acre.
Insect & Disease Management
From past experience, No pests and diseases have been observed. Please follow the guidelines of the company executive for control measures.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE FORAGE SEEDS