GOAL HERBICIDE ( गोल शाकनाशी )
- Goal® is a selective, contact herbicide providing control of annual broad-leaf weeds, some grasses and suppression of some perennials.
- It has pre-emergence as well as targeted post-emergence activity.
- Goal® contains oxyfluorfen as active ingredient which belongs to diphenyl ether.
- As pre-emergence, Goal® forms a chemical barrier on the soil surface and affects weed plants through direct contact at emergence.
- Actively growing plants are very susceptible to Goal® as post-emergence action.
Crops Treated with Goal:
- Onion, Tea, Potato, Groundnut, Direct Seeded Rice, Mint
How does it work:
- Goal® inhibits specific enzyme, Protoporphyinogen oxidase, which leads to accumulation of phototoxic heme and chlorophyll precursors, which in presence of light, produce activated oxygen species.
- These oxygen species disrupts membrane. Sunlight is essential for performance of Oxyfluorfen.