MAKKHAN GRASS - FORAGE ( मक्खन ग्रास फ़ोरेज)
- High Nutrition (14-18% crude protein) highly palatable and succulent multi cut annual grass
- Makkhan Grass can be used as fresh as well as hay
- Makkhan Grass improves milk production and quality especially milk solids.
- Dry matter Digestibility is very high - 65%
- Solo sowing - 5 to 6 kg per Acre
- Combination with Berseem – 2 to 3 Kg per Acre
- DOSAGE: 6 Kg per acre
SUITABLE REGION/ SEASON:
- Cultivated in Winter
- Makkhan Grass is a winter forage crop and suitable to sow from October to December.
- All kinds of agriculture soils are suitable with normal PH – 6.5 to 7.
- Makkhan Grass will be sown plot wise in rows at 30 cm. Soil should be prepared with 6 inches of loose soil and 0.5 inch of fine topsoil. Seed can be applied with a broadcast spreader, seeder, hydroseeder or by hand. Care must be taken not to cover the seed with more than 1/4inch of topsoil Roll to ensure good seed to soil contact.
- Soil temperatures should be above 65 degrees F (18 degrees C). Optimum soil temperature for germination and root growth is 75 degrees to 80 degrees F (24 degrees to 27 degree C).
GERMINATION & ESTABLISHMENT
- Keep seedbed moist to enhance germination. Under ideal conditions, germination will begin within 10 to 14 days and should be complete within 18 days. Full establishment should occur in 4 to 6 weeks.
- Establishment time may vary if planting date occurred early or late in the planting season.
- Apply 15 – 20 Mt FYM at the time of land preparation. Fertilizer will be applied before sowing.
- Nitrogen - 30 kg
- Phosphorus - 20 kg per acre and
- 30 kg Nitrogen per acre after every cutting
- First irrigation should be immediate after sowing and second irrigation is about 5 to 6 days after sowing.
- Later on, at 10 days interval, Or as per need. After 1st irrigation manual weeding and 20kg. Nitrogen will be applied.
CUTTING & HARVESTING
- First cutting will be depending upon the growth 50 -60cm height or 50 to 60 days after sowing. Further cutting will be at 25 to 30 days interval depending on growth.
- Makkhan Grass is very sensitive to weedicides, so no weedicide should be sprayed.
Review this product
Share your thoughts with other customers
No reviews added yet