- Works at the time of weed emergence as contact herbicide.
- When uniformly spread, sticks evenly to soil surface.
- It is selective to rice plant.
- It firmly binds soil particles within top 2 cm of the soil.
- No damage to the next crop.
- No odour which helps in easy usage.
- Safety to Crop: No phytotoxicity at the recommended dose rates in transplanted rice.
Mode of Action:
Like any other Oxadiazoles, Oxadiargyl inhibits protoposphyrinogen IX oxidase, the enzyme that converts from Protox to Proto, which finally helps in the weed's necrotic action.
Herbicide Resistance Action Committee (HRAC) Classification Group E
Crops and Target Weeds:
topstar should be applied within 3 to 5 days after transplanting (maximum up to 2 leaf stage of weed).