- Terminalia bellirica - Baheda is a tall handsome tree, with characteristic bark, 12-50m tall.
- Leaves are alternately arranged or fascicled at the end of branches, elliptic or elliptic obovate, leathery, dotted, entire.
- Leaf tip is narrow- pointed or rounded.
Seed standardization report:
- Common Name : Terminalia Bellirica
- Flowering Season :Feb-Apr
- Fruiting Season: Nov-Mar
- No.of Seeds per kg : 150
- Germination Capacity :20%
- Time Taken for Initial Germination : 25 days
- Time Taken for Germination Capacity : 60days
- Germinative Energy : 10%
- Plant Percentage : 10%
- Purity Percentage : 100%
- Moisture Percentage : 12%
- No. of Seedling Per Kg : 150
Pretreatments recommended :
- Soak seeds in cow dung slurry for 24 hrs before sowing