Regent SC Insecticide
Fipronil 5% SC
- Regent SC Insecticide is a phenyl pyrazole insecticide for foliar application. It has been proven to offer low dose, highly effective insect control against a broad range of economically important pests. Its unique mode of action allows it to control insects that have developed resistance to all other classes of insecticides.
Features & BenefitsFEATURES
- Fipronil aids in increasing the yield of crops by controlling pests that reduce crop growth.
- Fipronil helps in root development, Greener plants, Increase in leaf area and plant height.
- Induce flowering & maturity of grain leading to significant increase in yields.
- There is target site specificity between insects and mammals, with Fipronil displaying tighter binding (i.e. higher potency) in the insect GABA chloride channel than mammals, providing useful selective toxicity. This sets Fipronil apart from most commercial insecticides
- Fipronil has both contact and ingestion activity, but is particularly effective by way of ingestion. The rapid knockdown effect associated with some insecticides is absent in Fipronil and insect mortality may appear to be moderately slow. However, intermediate responses, such as cessation of feeding, may be noted soon after treatment. Residual control following foliar application is in general good to excellent
- The site of action of Fipronil sets it apart from most commercial insecticides. A new generation insecticide belonging to new family of Phenyl Pyrazole
- Regent 5 SC spray is an ideal choice for IPM
- Regent 5 SC spray has shown demonstrable Plant Growth Enhancement (PGE) effect in many crops
- Regent 5 SC is an excellent thripicide
- MODE OF ACTION - Primarily acts as an ingestion toxicant with some complimentary contact action and acts by interfering in nerve impulse transmission. It interferes with the passage of chloride ions through the Gamma Amino Butyric Acid (GABA) regulated chloride channel, thereby disrupting CNS activity and at sufficient doses, causing insect death.
- - Thorough and even coverage of the crop is essential. Do not apply during the heat of the day or if the plants are wet or if rain is imminent.
|Dosage Per Hectare
|Waiting Period (days)
|Green Leaf Hopper, Gall midge Whorl Maggot, Stem Borer, Leaf Folder, Brown Plant hopper, White Backed Plant hopper
|Thrip, Aphid and Fruit Borer
|Early Shoot Borer and Root Borer
|Aphids, Jassids, Thrips, White Fly
Review this product
Share your thoughts with other customers
No reviews added yet