Technical Content: Pencycuron 250 SC (25% w/v)
Monceren 250 SC is a non-systematic contact fungicide. It is used as a foliar spray for the control of sheath blight disease of rice and as tuber treatment for the control of black scurf disease in potato. Monceren 250 SC is a protective sheath blight fungicide having contact action and long lasting efficacy; specifically against Rhizoctonia solani. Due to non-systemic nature, development of resistance is not foreseen and hence good tool for fungicide resistance management.
Mode of Action :
It is lipophilic and hence penetrates into the plant cuticle and from there it does not undergo secondary re-distribution into leaf tissue. As a result, a protective layer is formed on the leaf, stem and within the cuticle, which is not washed of due to rain and not subjected to losses by systemic translocation.
As a seed treatment, the product exhibits excellent efficacy against potato black scurf. It inhibits mycelia growth and gives excellent control of sheath blight disease of rice.
Fungicide Resistance Action Committee (FRAC) Classification No. 20
- Active ingredient with different mode of action, reliable and gives excellent disease control
- Better management of black scurf disease of potato
- Uniform and early emergence of potato crop
- High quality potato production
- Relatable solution for sheath bligth management programme
- No phytotoxicity; favourable tox and eco-tox profile, IPM friendly
- It gives prolonged efficacy
Recommendations for Use:
Rice: Give the spray as soon as sheath blight symptoms appear and give another round of spray 15 days after the first spray.
Potato: Potato tubers to be dipped in recommended concentration of Monceren solution for 10-15 minutes. Thereafter, treated tubers to be air dried in the shade before planting.