MAXIMA THIAMETHOXAM 25% WG INSECTICIDE
MAXIMA is a broad spectrum insecticide which contains Thiamethoxam 25% WG for controlling sucking insects in a large number of crops.
MAXIMA is the first thianicotinyl compound belonging to the neonicotinoids class of insecticides.
MAXIMA is a systemic insecticide containing active ingredient - Thiamethoxam 25 % a.i.
Common Name: Thiamethoxam
Formulation: 25 % WG
- MAXIMA due to its novel mode of action, effectively controls sucking insects which have developed resistance to conventional insecticides.
- MAXIMA is economic in use as a single spray gives better control than two sprays of conventional insecticides.
- MAXIMA is target specific, leaves no residue and is environmentally highly acceptable.
- MAXIMA is safe to beneficial insects and is therefore an ideal insecticide for use in IPM program.
- MAXIMA does not cause pest resurgence.
Mode of Action
MAXIMA acts on the central nervous system of insects, causing irreversible blockage of postsynaptic nicotinergic acetylcholine receptors. This results in rapid pulse leading to hyperexcitation, convulsions, paralysis and finally to death.
MAXIMA acts by interfering with the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor of the nervous system unlike organo phosphates, carbamates, pyrethroids which act on nerve fiber membrane proteins.
|CROP||PEST||DOSE (Per Ha)|
|Rice||Stem borer, Gall midge, Leaf Folder, Brown Plant Hopper (BPH), White backed plant hopper (WBPH), Green leaf hopper, Thrips||100 g|
|Cotton||Red spider mites||400 ml|
|Cotton||Thrips, Aphids, Jassids||100 g|
|Chilli||White Fly||200 g|
|Okra||Jassids, Aphids, White flies||100 g|
|Tomato||White flies||200 g|
|Brinjal||White flies||200 g|
|Tea||Mosquito bug||100 g|
No specific antidote, treat symptomatically.
- Do not spray against the wind direction.
- Always wear protective clothing while handling.
- Do not smoke, eat or drink during application.
- Wash hands and body thoroughly after spraying.