|Mode of Action
||It is a specialty systemic fungicide. The product is rapidly absorbed by rice plant and translocated towards leaf tips. It is a protectant fungicide that prevents the fungus from penetrating the plant. Inhibition occurs when the fungus attempts to penetrate and establish an infection site inside the plant. In rice blast, the melanin pigment is needed for the hardening of the appressorium and inhibition of the pigment formation in appressorium makes it unable to mechanically penetrate the host plant.
- The best Blasticide available in market
- Long duration control of Rice Blast for more than two weeks
- Very stable fungicide- not readily destroyed by sunlight and moisture
- Upon absorption, it is systemically translocated in plant tissues, protect the entire plant from disease infection
- Absorbed/ translocated fast in plant-need not spray again if it rains 1 hour after application
- Improves grain yield, results in superior grain quality, which are heavier, shiny and upon milling gives highest recovery of full size grains
||It should be applied as preventive spray starting from Nursery till grain filling. Application of Baan in nursery is subject to appearance of blast symptoms. After transplanting, first application against leaf blast should commence at tillering stage & second at 5% panicle emergence stage for effective control of blast disease.
||It is compatible with commonly used pesticides. It is not compatible with lime sulphur and Bordeaux mixture or alkaline solutions. It is advisable to conduct a physical compatibility test before used in combination with other molecules.
||Phytotoxicity has not been reported, when used as recommended.