- Throughout the year under irrigated conditions in all districts. During monsoon under rainfed condition
- Soil: Comes up in all types of soils.
- Preparatory cultivation : Plough 2 to 3 times to obtain a good tilth and form ridges and furrows 50 cm apart.
- Water management : Immediately after planting and life irrigation on 3rd day. Then once in 10 days depending on soil type
- Harvest : First harvest at 90 days after planting and subsequent harvests once in 50 days. Fodder seeds (Pack of 1 Kg ) Its perennial green fodder crop having multicut in nature comes up 3-3.5 years
- Having rich in Protein (20-22 %) Good green fodder to Goat, Sheep, Cow, Rabbit & Poultry also, increase the weight gain and improves productivity of milk yield Seeds rate is 7-8 kg/acre & germination percentage are 95 % .
This product is Not Returnable. It may be exchanged by seller in case of factory damage on a case to case basis.
Cancellation for Live Plants items is allowed before the shipment is dispatched.
Note: To get better germination seeds must be treated in hot water at 80o C for 5 minutes (boiling water removed from the flame and kept for 4 minutes to attain 80o C).
- After hot water treatment, seeds should be washed with cold water and soaked in cold water over a night. Seeds should be shade dried before sowing.
- Common Name : Vembu
- Flowering Season :Mar - May
- Fruiting Season :Jul - Aug
- No.of Seeds per kg : 4500
- Germination Capacity :25%
- Time Taken for Initial Germination : 10 days
- Time Taken for Germination Capacity : 30 days
- Germinative Energy : 20%
- Plant Percentage : 20%
- Purity Percentage : 99%
- Moisture Percentage : 7%
- No. of Seedling Per Kg : 900
- Soak seeds in cow dung slurry for 24 hrs. before sowing