- Family : Leguminosae
- Common Name : Gliricidia
- Telugu Name : Madri
- Flowering : Light pink flowers appear in November to December.
- Fruiting : Fruits ripen in January to February.
- Morphology of the Fruit/Seed : Pods 8 to 12 cm yellowish brown when ripe, 8 to 10 seeds per pod.
- Seeds light brown coloured, oval.
- Seed Collection and Storage : Pods are collected in February to March before they dehisce on the tree and dried in the sun for 3 to 4 days to separate the seeds. Viability is retained for one year.
- Seed is soaked in hot water, allowed to cool off during the night and sown the next morning.
- Nursery Technique : Two seeds per polybag are dibbled in March. Watering is done regularly. Overhead shade is essential.
- Germination is noticed within 10 days. The seedlings attain plantable size by July. It is easily propagated by cutting when there is ample soil moisture.
- germination percentage:80%..no.of .seeds:8000
Click Here For More Tree Seeds