- During the growing period which extends over 4 months maximum temperature ranging from 20°–30°C and a minimum temperature not below 10°C is ideal.
- The fruit colour is affected at temperatures below 15°C.
- Chilli is grown in many types of soils-sandy to heavy clay.
- A well drained, fairly light fertile loam with a fair moisture holding capacity is ideal.
- The light soils produce better quality fruits than heavy soils.
- Chilli crop prefers a soil reaction ranging from pH 6–7.
|Character / Variety||Disha (BSS-453)|
|Plant height||3.5 feet|
|Days to first picking||65 days after transplanting|
|Fruit length||14-16 cm|
|Fruit diameter||1.5 cm|
|Colour Unripe||Yellowish Green|
|Colour Ripe||Dark Red|
|Remarks||Good for fresh market. Long Jwala type Hybrid can be grown through out the year.|