CARINA INSECTICIDE ( कैरीना कीटनाशक )
Technical Content: Profenofos 50 % EC
Carina is a broad spectrum organophosphate insecticide and acaricide. Carina is based on the high quality Profenofos technical manufactured by PI Industries Ltd., PI Industries is the world's second largest producer of Profenofos technical.
- Strong ovicidal activity.
- Excellent for control of neonate larvae.
- Quick knock down and longer duration of insect control.
- Kills insects on lower and upper surface of leaves due to trans-laminar penetrating action.
- Excellent control of Heliothis/other bollworms.
- Effective against whitefly, mites and other sucking insect pests.
- Economical to use with much higher yields.
- More suitable for IPM programmes.
Carina with unique mode of action has superior advantages over several other products. As a member of the organophosphate family of insecticides, It works by potent inhibition of the enzyme acetyl cholinesterase, which is essential for the transmission of impulses between nerve cells. After feeding on a carina treated plant or crawling over a treated leaf, the pest is first paralyzed and then quickly dies.
It can be applied by both high volume and low volume spray equipment. Water dilution depends on the type of sprayer to be used, crop stage and intensity of pest infestation. It is desirable to calibrate beforehand to estimate the quantity of water needed for preparation of solution. Prepare homogeneous solution by agitating with stick. Always spray in the direction of wind and apply uniformly with complete coverage. Interval between two sprays should be 10 to 15 days. No undesirable residues are noticed in different plant parts if used as directed.
|CROP||PEST||DOSE (Per Ha)|
|Tea||Red Spider Mites, Pink Mites, Tea Mosquito Bug, Looper caterpillar, Thrips, Jassids||800-1000 ml|
|Cotton||Bollworm Aphids, Jassids, White Flies, Thrips||1000 ml|
Administer Atropine Sulphate intravenously 2 – 4 mg at 5 – 10 minutes interval until the symptoms of poisoning disappear. 2-PAM can be given in severe cases intravenously very slowly (1 – 2 g taking 5 – 10 minutes).
- Do not spray against the wind direction.
- Always wear protective clothing while handling.
- Do not smoke, eat or drink during application.
- Wash hands and body thoroughly after spraying.