Tips for Growing Tomato
- Soil : A well drained loamy soil is ideal.
- Sowing time : As per the regional practices and timings.
- Optimum temp.for germination : 25 - 300C
- Transplanting : 25-30 days after sowing.
- Spacing : Row to Row: 90 cm, Plant to Plant : 45 - 60 cm
- Seed rate : 50 - 60 gm / acre
Preparation of Main field
- Deep ploughing and harrowing. Add well decomposed FYM: 8-10 tones / acre. Make the ridges and furrows at the required spacing. Irrigate the field and make the holes at the recommended spacing. Transplanting should be done during late afternoon, after transplanting light irrigation should be given for quick and better establishment.
- First dose 6 - 8 days after transplanting: 50:100:100 NPK kg / acre
- Second dose 20 - 25 days after first application: 25: 50 : 50 NPK kg / acre
- Third dose 20 - 25 days after second application: 25: 00:00 NPK kg / acre
- At the time of Flowering: Sulphur (Bensulf) 10 kg / acre
- At the time of Fruit Setting: Boracol ( BSF-12) 50 kg / acre
- Spray Calcium nitrate (1%solution) at the time of flowering (To increase fruit set).
- Spray Urea & Soluble K (1% solution each) at 15 days interval during harvesting time (To increase no. of pickings.)
Click here for all Seeds products