The bhendi (okra or Lady finger) (Abelmoschus esculentus L. Moench) is one of the main vegetable crop grown all over India. There are many diseases which affects the plant and one of them is powdery mildew.
- Age and how it is growing, weather conditions during the season.
- Young, succulent growth are more susceptible than older plant tissues.
- Powdery mildew disease is more severe in warm, dry climates, with cool nights with dew.
- High humidity conditions, crowded plantings, poor air circulation encourages the growth and spread of Powdery mildew disease.
- Pruning and staking of plants to improve air circulation
- Remove diseased leaves from the plant and clean up fallen debris on the ground, burn or bury it.
- Provide irrigation water in the morning times, so plants have a chance to dry during the day.
- Use a slow release, organic nitrogenous fertilizer to avoid excess nitrogen.
- Use of resistant varieties.
- Practicing crop rotation, choosing a non- powdery mildew host crop.
Chemical spray combinations for effective control of Powdery mildew in Bhendi:
Courtesy: Google search
For more information kindly call on 8050797979 or give missed call on 180030002434 during office hours 10 AM to 5 PM
Disclaimer: The performance of the product (s) is subject to usage as per manufacturer guidelines. Read enclosed leaflet of the product(s) carefully before use. The use of this product(s)/ information is at the discretion of user.