Downy mildew of cucurbits: It is one of the important diseases of family cucurbit creeper crops. Pseudoperonospora cubensis is the fungus that causes downy mildew in cucurbits and is an oomycete Downy mildew can infect all cucurbits including, melons, pumpkin and squash, gourds and zucchini.
Symptoms Of Downy Mildew Of Cucurbits:
- Downy mildew disease oomycete primarily infects the leaves, resulting in decreased photosynthesis which may lead to reduced yield and poor-quality fruits.
- Initially pale green to yellow spots form on upper surface of leaves and later turn brown.
- Typically, the disease spots are angular and they are bounded by leaf veins.
- Disease upon progress or development, multiple smaller spots combine to damage larger leaf area and may lead to entire leaf damage.
- Dark purplish grey fuzz forms on underside of the leaf in high humidity. In wet or humid conditions disease develops rapidly.
The underside of the cucumber leaf shows fungal growth on the undersides of the lesions.
Management of Downy Mildew Disease In Cucurbit Crops
Application of Fungicides both chemical and biological may effectively control or manage the downy mildew disease.
Chemicals or Pesticides For Downy Mildew Of Cucurbits
Both contact and systemic fungicides are available for use against downy mildew.
Following fungicides may be applied through sprays for the management of downy mildew disease in cucurbit crops.
Biologicals or Bio Pesticides For Downy Mildew Of Cucurbits
Courtesy: Google search
For more information kindly call on 8050797979 or give missed call on 180030002434 during office hours 10 AM to 5 PM
Disclaimer: The performance of the product (s) is subject to usage as per manufacturer guidelines. Read enclosed leaflet of the product(s) carefully before use. The use of this product(s)/ information is at the discretion of user.