TAPAS YELLOW STEM BORER (YSB) LURE
YSB Lure / Scirpophaga Incertulas Pheromone Lure
- Control: Scirpophaga incertulas (Yellow Stem Borer)
- Host crops: Rice
Features of Yellow Stem Borer Lure:
- Lure working day in field life 30- 45 days, depend on weather conditions.
- Packing signal unit in anti smell realizing pouch.
- Dispenser: Silicon Rubber Septa
- Lure can stay for one year without removing from packing.
- Suitable trap: Funnel trap
- Economically Affordable, easy to install and manage.
- If used properly can detect low numbers of insects.
- Collect only Species Specific
- Non toxic.
- Can be used all season long.
- Pheromone Lure is species specific.
- The forewing of the female YSB moth is ochreous yellow to whitish with a black spot in the middle.
- It has a wingspan of 24-36 mm. Its abdomen is wide anal tufts are pale ochreous. The adult male is smaller than female.
- The forewings are gray or light brown in color and have two rows of black spots at the tip. Sometimes the males are whitish yellow and spots on the forewing are not very clear.
- Variation in the intensity of color in the forewing and the size of the moth has also been observed.
- Egg are laid on the underside of the leaves, freshly hatched larvae move downwards to leaf sheath and feed on inner tissue, With the advancement of growth and development larvae bore into stem bore into stem and feed on inner surface.
- Due to such feeding at vegetative stage the central leaf whorl unfold, turns brown and dries up which is termed as Dead Hearth. Infestation after the panicle initiation result in drying of panicle which may not emerges at all and those that have already emerges do not produce grain and appears as white head.
- Funnel trap with YSB lure at 15 / ha for monitoring.
Review this product
Share your thoughts with other customers
No reviews added yet