Glufosinate Ammonium 13.5 % w/w SL
MODE OF ACTION -
DOSAGE - 0.75 to 1.5ml/liter of water
- Basta is a non-selective, post emergent herbicide recommended for the control of annual & perennial weeds in Tea & Cotton. The product is very versatile and effective under different climatic conditions.
Features & BenefitsFEATURES
- Basta acts by contact action it is safer to the crops than other non-selective herbicides in directed spray.
- It exhibits better efficacy against certain hard-to kill weed species, which are not controlled by conventional products currently being used by growers.
- Broad-spectrum: Controls broad leaf and grassy weeds
- High Efficacy: Controls 'hard-to-kill' weeds like Borreria & Eleusine in tea gardens and other plantation crops.
- Safety: Being a contact herbicide, Basta is relatively safer to crop when sprayed with hood as compared to the non-selective systemic herbicides.
- It is safe to environment: No residues in soil, water and plant.
- Glutamine synthetase is the enzyme which catalyses the reaction of NH3 and glutamic acid to form glutamine. Ammonia results from nitrate reduction, amino acid metabolism and photorespiration. Glufosinate-ammonium inhibits the activity of Glutamine synthetase. This leads to the accumulation of NH3 in the cell. As NH3 is strongly phytotoxic, the affected cells die. This is macroscopically manifested in necrotic spots and finally withering of plant.
- Wilting of exposed weeds may start within 24 hours in the tropics or only after 8 days in cool continental spring or autumn temperatures.
|Target Crops||Target weeds||Dose (liter/acre)||Time of application|
|1-1.2ltr||At active vegetative growth stage of weeds
Paspalum conjugatum Panicum repens
|1-1.3ltr||At active vegetative growth stage/flowering stage of weeds use a spray shield to prevent drift on the tea plants.
Review this product
Share your thoughts with other customers
No reviews added yet