Silicon [Si] is an important micronutrient for Crops to make them stronger and healthier. Crops like rice, grass, sugarcane have considerably higher concentration of silica, also varying from part to part. For example, rice husk contains as much as 28% silica, probably the highest in any plant matter. The dry matter when burnt the ash of these plants have Silicon which may be used as soil application to supply silicon.
- Silicon when applied to root zone, by its special interactions may help reduce the toxicity of Iron[Fe], Aluminium [Al] and Manganese [Mn] therefore increases the availability of phosphorous [P].
- This process helps plants enhance drought and salt tolerance. Silicon on the leaves as foliar spray may resist the invasion of spores of pathogens by forming a strong double layer on the leaves. This also provides the leaves to utilize the sunlight very effectively for the physiological processes of the plants.
Silicon present in the soil is in a polymeric form, which is unavailable form of Silicon for plant uptake. Generally, plants uptake mono-meric form of Silica i.e., Mono silicic acid (HSiO) or ortho silicic acid is the only form of Silicon dioxide that is completely bio-available to the plants.
Geolife Agritech India Pvt Ltd, Mumbai have developed a new innovative product – ‘Tabsil’ an ortho silicic acid (monomeric silica) to fulfil the requirement of Silicon and Tabsil contains very concentrated 12% ortho silicic acid.
Tabsil is available in effervescent tablet which is easy to apply in all types of crops. It has an alkaline pH. Tabsil acts as a plant stress manager, immunity booster, yield improver and a bio stimulant. It is a residue free, non-toxic and eco-friendly product.
Benefits of Tabsil:
- Tabsil helps to better and healthy crop growth.
- Tabsil may help alleviate abiotic stresses.
- Tabsil interact positively with applied major and trace elements in improving their agronomic performance and efficiency.
- It imparts resistance to diseases and insect.
- Maintains the soil pH balance when applied to soil.
- Prevents lodging of plants by strengthening them.
- Tabsil can help reduce water loss and transpiration
- Broadcast (For Paddy Crop): Tabsil tablets (1kg/acre) should be applied at 40-45 days after transplanting of paddy crop in the field with a water level maintained upto 7 cm. Keep the water for about five days after treatment.
- Foliar Application: Spray Tabsil @ 200 gm / 200 liters of water from active vegetative growth stage of all crops. Repeat spray at 15-20 days interval for 3-5 times depending on the length of the crop. Tabsil can be applied along with all kinds of pesticides, fungicides and nutrients.
- Drenching: Apply Tabsil (500 gm /acre) through drenching at vegetative stage of crop
- Drip Irrigation: Tabsil (500 gm /acre) can be applied at vegetative stage of the crop with an interval of 30 days.
Vegetables like tomato, capsicum, brinjal, cabbage, okra, onion, cauliflower, carrot, potato, chilly, cucumber, green gram, bottle guard etc.; Fruit crops like mango, sapota, pomegranate, papaya, grapes, apple, guava, citrus etc.,; cereals, pulses, oil seeds and Ornamental crops.
Buy Online at BigHaat
Share this post