Management of Papaya Ring Spot disease
Symptoms of the disease:
- Top leaves begin to have yellow mosaic in the leaf blade and green oily streaks appear on the stem and petiole of younger leaves.
- This ring spots appear on flowers and fruits.
- Can cause production loss between 5-100% depending on the age in which the plant is affected.
- The disease is said to be transmitted from plant to plant by aphids.
- Thoroughly screen the nursery bed for the infected seedlings and rogue them carefully and transplant only healthy seedlings and remove the diseased plants in the main field.
- Spray with insecticides to check the sucking pests such as Aphids and Thrips which are transmitters of the viral disease.
- Collateral hosts of the virus the gourd family’s crops such as Watermelon, Musk melon, Ridge gourd, Bottle gourd, snake gourd should not be grown in the vicinity of papaya plantation.
- Weeds should be removed which may act as an additional hosts for the virus.
- Integrated nutrient management supports the virus in control. Less of ammoiacal nitrogen and more of Potash along with Bio activators and micronutrients both as soil application and sprays.
- Inclusion of Manganese micronutrient in the regular sprays will reduce the multiplication of Virus in the infected system and recovery of plants is observed.
- Bioactivators that may be used for Soil application: Allure growth promoter 20 gm /plant or Keradix powder growth promoter 20 gm /plant or Sona Varsha plant energizer 20 gm /plant as basal application and once at flowering stage.
- For spray: Flower valley 1 mL/L OR Ahaar 2 mL/L or Optimus 2mL/L or scuba sp nutrient 0.5 ml/l can be used at various stages to make papaya plant grow sturdy and yield more flowers.
- Micronutrients for Soil application: Aries Agromin micro-nutrient fertilizer 30 gm per plant as basal dose or during earthing up and 50 gm/ plant during yielding stage.
- For Foliar spray : Agromin max 2 gm/L or Multimax 2.5 gm/L may be used.
For further information and purchase of products do visit bighaat.com or give Missed Call To Order:1800-3000-2434
Share this post