Growing your own vegetables is both fun and rewarding. It is delightful hobby and can be pursued at homes or in school. Develop a taste for kitchen gardening and it will stay in your life.
A kitchen garden is the garden you keep as close to your back door as possible where you grow all your vegetables, herbs, and fruit that you will eat fresh all year. The idea of having it as close to your back door as possible is that you will walk by it often and be continuously harvesting from it.
A Home grown ensures an inexpensive, regular and handy supply of fresh vegetables which are basic to nutrition. The green vegetables contain vitamins and minerals which protect us against diseases. Lack of vegetables, particularly the green leafy vegetables, leads o malnutrition which causes diseases like anemia and night-blindness. Dark green leafy vegetables such as Palak and brown vegetables like carrots prevent blinding malnutrition.
It is easy to start out with a little patch of tomato and peppers plants, and a row of fresh lettuces. "Feed the soil" is like a mantra for organic gardeners, and with good reason. In conventional chemical agriculture, crop plants are indeed "fed" directly using synthetic fertilizers.Organic matter improves the fertility, the structure and the tilth of all kinds of soils. In particular, organic matter provides a continuous source of nitrogen and other nutrients that plants need to grow. It also provides a rich food source for soil microbes.
Benefits of kitchen garden on health:
- Clean air is one of the major problem with city life is high pollution level.
- Grounding and getting connected to the mother earth.
- There is less danger of consuming pesticides and other agrochemicals through the vegetables bought from the market.
- We can have a useful and a profitable hobby in cultivating the vegetables. After the usual work in the offices and institutions etc. doing some work in the terrace garden is very helpful to get the mind refreshed and the body exercised.
- We can easily recycle all the household and kitchen waste into manure and use them
- for growing vegetables.
Grow a kitchen garden to enjoy safe, flavourful and nutritious homegrown food.
For buying kitchen garden seeds please follow the links
Share this post