Gummy stem blight (GSB) is one of the important disease of cucurbit crops, including watermelon, cucumber, pumpkin, squash, muskmelon, and other melons.
The fungus DIDYMELLA BRYONIAE is the causal organism for this disease.
- Gummy stem blight may occur in leaves, stems, plant crowns and fruit.
- Stems get girdled and death of the plants are notices at severe infections.
- Water soaked lesions on seedlings, leaves, cotyledons will develop with circular shapes.
- Lesions grow in size and blighting of leaves will be noticed later.
- Melon and watermelon foliage is more susceptible to gummy stem blight than squash and pumpkin foliage. In watermelons and muskmelons, the severe foliar symptoms can result in sunburned fruit and smaller fruit size.
For more information kindly call on 8050797979 or give missed call on 180030002434 during office hours 10 AM to 5 PM
K SANJEEVA REDDY,
Senior Agronomist, BigHaat.
Disclaimer: The performance of the product (s) is subject to usage as per manufacturer guidelines. Read enclosed leaflet of the product(s) carefully before use. The use of this product(s)/ information is at the discretion of user.
Share this post