Downy mildew is a fungal disease caused by Pseudoperonospora cubensis and is one of the most important foliar diseases of Papaya crop. High moisture in atmosphere and on the foliage favours the disease and result in major losses to papaya crop.
- Initially the small, irregular to angular, slightly chlorotic areas are visible on the upper surface of the leaves.
- Symptoms of the disease appear first on older leaves and later progresses to younger leaves as they expand.
- Humidity and leaf wetness is favorable the spores multiply fast and fast forming lesions, at under side of the leaves giving downy appearance, with grayish blue colour.
- Larger sized lesions will cover the entire leaves and many times at peak disease severity the leaves will drop off.
- The flowers in respective petioles will turn brown and drop off.
Following fungicides may be administered through sprays for the management of Downy mildew disease on papaya crop.
For more information kindly call on 8050797979 or give missed call on 180030002434 during office hours 10 AM to 5 PM
K SANJEEVA REDDY,
Senior Agronomist, BigHaat.
Disclaimer: The performance of the product (s) is subject to usage as per manufacturer guidelines. Read enclosed leaflet of the product(s) carefully before use. The use of this product(s)/ information is at the discretion of user.
Share this post